Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy father's day

As I sit here at 4am rocking my new baby I was thinking "when was the
last time I was up at 4am". I am not sure when it was but I'm sure the
last thing I was thinking was definitly not rocking a beautiful baby
girl. I never would have thought that something as simple a rocking
your baby could be so satisfying. Just watching her sleep in my arms
melts my heart, a heart that does not easily do so. Everytime I look
at her I can't help but smile. Those little body jolts she does makes
me laugh. I'm sure in the future for father's day I will be getting
ties and tools and a bunch of other things to collect dust around the
house but today...right now has to be the best father's day present I
could ever recieve. I now am starting to understand the miracle of being a father. I look forward to the day that you all will get to meet my sweet baby girl Madalyne Mae.

Happy father's day to all the fathers and grandfathers. I appreciate all you have done for us, now more than ever! Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Father's day bro.

    I can't believe it was only 6 months ago that we went through this miracle of birth, but here I am watching my little boy bouncing around in his Exer-saucer and laughing up a storm... and trying to eat everything!

    We can't wait to meet Maddie.

    John Michael wants to meet his new girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He better keep his hands to himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt-I am so touched by your post. You will be a great Dad!
    I can't wait to meet Maddy...although I'll have to set her straight on GA Tech : ) All my love to the three of you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, you brought a tear to my eye Ledom. Being a parent is truly a miracle isn't it? I remember so clearly holding Ethan at 3am or whenever and just feeling so content with it. Its exhausting but worth every minute....now Ethan is almost 1!! Treasure those 3am rockings and sweet body jolts, sleepy smiles and newborn hands....in 2 weeks she will be totally different and 2 weeks after that totally different...its crazy.

    Happy Father's day to you and welcome to parenthood to you and April, you guys are wonderful parents already!

    ReplyDelete