Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mommy's First Blog Entry

It is 11:52 a.m. and today is the first day that Maddy has slept for a 3 hour period in her own bed. Daddy is fast asleep and I can't seem to go to sleep even though I'm exhausted.

I want to thank Matt for being such an amazing support person. He has been incredible and I am really nervous about him going back to work next week. He's been so good about keeping up the blog and keeping all the people that care about us in the loop. I do apologize for the diaper change video - wasn't aware that was going live! ;o)

I know so many of you have called to check on me and left voicemails and emails. I am sorry that I haven't gotten back to all of you. I do want to talk to each of you, but finding time is really difficult right now. Just know that I love you all and I really appreciate you thinking of us. The gifts, the flowers, the food...all mean so much. I will make a plug to give me some time on the thank you cards though.

Life as a new mom is an incredible ride. I can't believe that we created such a beautiful baby, and that nothing in the world matters when she is in my arms. It's amazing that one minute y0u are throwing back the covers, ready to scream because she won't stop crying, but the second you pick her up to soothe her and she looks at you with those eyes, you completely forget what you were frustrated about. How you can love something so much so soon is unbelievable. I thank God everyday that we were so fortunate to have had such an easy birth and a healthy baby. Everything else we just deal with one day at a time.

I love you all. - Mom ;o))

4 comments:

  1. Every day is precious...with or without sleep. I can't wait to see you, Matt, and Maddy and to get a chance to hold her.
    Love to the three of you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, we love you and can't wait to meet Ms. Maddy. Thank you guys for keeping us in the loop with the blog. It is the best. You and Matt make a great team! Maddy is very fortunate to have you two as parents! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Less than 5 days old and already showing her independence, I suspect Madalyne got a double dose of that from her parents. You're all truly blessed. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Blog. Thank you for keeping us updated. We Love All Ya'all! >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is fantastic....just take it easy mama...thank you notes/phone calls can wait :) Just hold that precious baby girl. So glad that BFing is going so well for you guys - she'll get better and better! Congrats, she is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete